Smart Start 1 – American English
Absolute Beginner – PRE – A1 – American English
Mary Roulston, Michelle Worgan, Paola Tite
Smart Start is designed to nurture the language development of the children whilst also stimulating their emotional, creative, mathematical and physical growth, as they move from nursery through kindergarten to the start of primary school.
The engaging characters, Tom and Izzy (twin brother and sister), introduce children to the study of the language and create a positive, fun learning environment through their adventures with their friends, family and adorable cat, Coco. The language is thus contextualised in a humorous and motivating way.
Delightful stories bring a range of values into the language classroom, while age-appropriate activities help children develop vocabulary skills, learn English and American sounds through phonectical lessons, discover numbers and practise pre-reading and pre-writing skills.
Smart Start’s key objective is to make the children enjoy their first educational experience, maintaining their natural motivation and enthusiasm for learning the new language. Successful results are guaranteed through course features such as:
• interactive sticker scenes
• fun songs and chants with actions
• funny comic-style stories to introduce new language
• hands-on experiments and projects
• engaging stories with age-appropriate values
• language reviews in real-world settings featuring children from around the globe
• a range of ideas for artistic expression and games
• Real World sections.
• A cut-out section with character puppets or mini picture card.
• Stickers for children to complete the Lesson 1 pages of each unit.
The Activity Books reinforce the material introduced in the Student Books and consolidate reading, writing, numeracy, language skills and fine motor skills in a range of activities. The activities are designed to be set up in class or to be completed at home:
• Fine skills work (circling, matching, colouring).
• A selection of Values activities linked to the stories in the Student Book.
• ‘Say’ activities to encourage oral language development and a home-school connection.
The Teacher’s Books with teaching notes are interleaved with the Student’s Book pages, thus very clear and easy-to-follow.
• Flashcards • Posters • Puppet
• Fully interactive Digital book, for classroom use with an interactive whiteboard (IWB) and for online lessons.
• The Digital Books contain interactive activities and the animated stories from the Student Books.
• ELi LINK app to access video and audio files directly from the printed book.